Smart Travel Accessory: Universal Pocket Charger by Pebble
That one thing without which we can’t certainly travel these days is our smart-phone! From clicking pictures, listening to music, doing FB check-ins, using maps for navigation to using search for reading more about the places, we do it all on our phones. Infact, there are many occasions when our smart-phone camera replaces our DSLR. After all it isn’t easy to carry the heavy duty equipment every time.
The only thing that isn’t smart about most smart-phones is their battery life. Typically the way we use them, smartphone battery runs out of juice the same day and in some cases it is worse. For instance, most of the iPhone users complain about battery problems and the need to charge repeatedly.
Variety of utility power banks available these days seem to be solving the eternal power problem. The recently launched universal portable chargers by Pebble is a new addition to this category.
Pebble universal portable charger is a sleek and compact charger having a battery capacity of 2400 mAh which means it will charge a normal smartphone to more than 100% in one go. It would charge an iPhone 5 which has a battery of 1400mAh, 1.5 times and a Nexus 4 which has a battery capacity of 2100 mAh once.
- 2400 mAh battery capacity means it’s bigger than most of the universal pocket chargers. It supports charging of most modern smartphones
- 4 connectors make it easy to charge different phone types.
- It charges the phone faster than most charger.
- The compact size make it easy to carry the product with you.
- You can simultaneously charge the charger and the phone on its two separate ends.
- There is a built-in LED torch although most smartphones have a torch application these days.
- The connectors miss out on support for iPhone 5. This means you’ll have to use your own iPhone 5 charging cable.
- There is no indicator to check the consumption status of the portable charger.
The product manual lists support for digital camera, play-stations and more although we haven’t tested the same.